CMRT 5.01 - Conflict Minerals Reporting Template
The Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) is created by the Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) supporting companies to deliver accurate information to their customers about mineral country of origin and the smelters and refiners they use. The most recent version of the template CMRT 5.01 was released in June 2017 and replaces the previous version, CMRT 5.0.
Changes between CMRT 5.0 and 5.01
- Conformance to IPC-1755 in the wording of the following questions: Q. 1, Q. 2, Q. 5, A, F, I (formerly J); removal of former question G
- Additions and clarifications in the instructions and definitions
- Update to ISO short names for countries
- Conformance to IPC-1755 use of ASCII character set for Standard Smelter Name in hidden column R on the Smelter List tab
- Addition of ISO Country Codes and State/Province Codes in hidden columns S and T on the Smelter List tab
- Renaming of "Smelter Reference List" to "Smelter Look-up"
- Updates to translations for all modified text
- Updates to the Smelter Look-up List and Standard Smelter List
According to the CFSI the next version of the CMRT is anticipated to be released in November, 2017.
CMRT 5.01 & iPoint Conflict Minerals
On iPoint Conflict Minerals CMRT 5.0 will be active for the reporting year 2017.
- Reporting year 2016 which will end in May will support CMRT 3.x and 4.x.
- Reporting year 2017 will support CMRT 3.x, 4.x and 5.x as all versions will get upgraded to 5.x when uploading the file.