CMRT 6.31 - Conflict Minerals Reporting Template
The Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) is created by the Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) supporting companies to deliver accurate information to their customers about mineral country of origin and the smelters and refiners they use. The most recent version of the template CMRT 6.31 was released in May 2023 and replaces the previous version, CMRT 6.22.
Changes between CMRT 6.22 and 6.31
The major changes you will see in CMRT 6.31 (released 26th of May, 2023) include:
- Minor revisions to correct reported issues including those related to “Declaration", "Smelter List", and "Smelter Look-up" tabs
- Corrections to all reported bugs and errors
- Updates to tips on the Instructions tabs
- Enhancements which do not conflict with IPC-1755A
- Update to ISO short names for countries, states or provinces
- Updates to Smelter Reference List and Standard Smelter List
CMRT 6.31 & iPoint Conflict Minerals
On iPoint Conflict Minerals CMRT 6.x will be active for the reporting year 2020 onwards.
- Support of official CMRT 6.31 released by RMI end of May 2023.
- Reporting year 2017, 2018 & 2019 will support CMRT 3.x, 4.x and 5.x as all versions will get upgraded to 5.x when uploading the file.
- Reporting year 2020 will support CMRT 3.x, 4.x and 5.x as all versions will get upgraded to 6.x when uploading the file while answering a request. CMRT 6.x introduced new questions which still needs to get answered when using old versions of the CMRT. Roll-up supports only already converted CMRTs or for sure the CMRT 6.x.